Starting today I’ll be publishing health-countious weekly free recipe. For your convenience, all the recipes you’ll find here are kitchen tested by me.
preparing a meal, does not have to be a stressful endeavour, unless you’re on TV Show “Chopped” So please feel free to exchange any of the ingredients you don’t like from a recipe and make it your own, the overall outcome will be the same. Let get cooking!
This Spanish-style stew is the ultimate one pot wonder and contains as much as half of your daily protein intake. Packed with smoky flavor , this stew makes a great lunch, dinner or after a workout meal. It will take you under half hour to prepare this delicious meal from beginning to end.
Here’s what you’ll need
- 1 lb Andouille sausage or spicy chicken sausage (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (shopped)
- 3 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 can white beans or garbanzo
- 2 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 1 bunch spinach or kale (trimmed and chopped)
- 1 cup chicken, vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup tomatoes (crushed, puree or paste)
- pinch chile flakes (optional)
- sat & pepper to taste
- Heat oil on a large pot or saucepan. Saute sausage until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, fennel seeds and paprika and cook for 5 minutes or until onions begins to brown, then add the carrots. Stir in the tomato, bay leaves and stock or water and simmer until carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for another 5 minutes. season with salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaves, stir in the reserved sausage, mushroom and spinach or kale, until spinach wilts. If you would like some extra heat, add a pinch of chile flakes.