There is a lot more to carrots than juicing. According to health experts. This yummy vegetable is loaded with vitamins and a host of other powerful health benefits from healthy glowing skin, anti-aging to lowering the risk of heart disease, just to mention few of the long list of benefits from this amazing powerful vegetable. Here’s my version of this delicious crunchy vegetable in a pancake.
- 1 1/2 cup of your favorite flour (I used a mix of rice, oat and almond flour)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup your favorite milk (I used vanilla flavor soy milk)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- honey or maple syrup to drizzle
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and pumpkin spice. In another bowl mix together the milk, yogurt, egg, vanilla, oil and fold in the carrots. Add the carrot mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat a lightly oil griddle or a large saute pan on medium high. Pour 1/4 of a cup of the batter onto the griddle or pan. Cook pancakes until the edges begin to brown. Then flip them and cook until the other side is lightly browned.
- Serve and drizzled with honey , maple syrup or fruits.
Want to make your pancakes even better? Add chopped walnuts, toasted almonds to the batter or sprinkle on top after serving.